North Korean Nuclear Capability Grew During Obama’s Tenure

While serving as U.S. president for eight years, Barack Obama spent so much time focusing on domestic topics including healthcare and making sure that everyone could use whichever bathroom they chose, that he ignored important foreign affairs.

As a result, our allies became confused as to how much support they might receive if they needed it. Meanwhile, our enemies were repeatedly emboldened by his refusal to stand up to them when they threatened us verbally or harassed us at sea.

One particular thorn in our side has been North Korea, led by the boy-man Kim Jong Un. Everyone knows he’s a saber rattler and that 90 percent of what comes out of his mouth is suitable only as fertilizer. But the remaining 10 percent might expose how dangerous he is.

In early 2017, a U.S. diplomat warned that North Korea’s weapons capabilities have improved in the past year and the result is an “unprecedented level of activity.” He said that the North Korean leader conducted nuclear and missile tests with a new intensity in 2016 and that the threat he poses grows by the day.

Kim Jung Un said that preparations for test launching an intercontinental ballistic missile have “reached the final stage.” In 2016, the country conducted two nuclear tests and at least 25 ballistic missile launches.

Maybe he’s bluffing, but just the fact that his nuclear capabilities are growing is cause enough for concern. Ignoring North Korea, as the previous administration seems to have done, is clearly not the way to go.

I’m guessing President Donald Trump is not going to let Kim Jung Un get away with his threats much longer. And when he starts playing hardball with the boy-man, I believe our allies will have more confidence in us and our enemies will have less confidence in themselves.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Disclaimer loves free speech. But please be respectful and constructive. Our number one priority is to provide an environment where people can enjoy this website. We reserve the right to remove comments that violate our terms and conditions.

For any order status questions/comments please email us at [email protected] or visit our "Contact Us" page.
Contact Us| Terms & Conditions| Privacy Policy
Information contained on such as text, graphics, images and other materials are for educational use only. Although not guaranteed, every attempt has been made for accuracy. The information contained on is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice or service. If you have any concerns or concerns about potential risks with implementing the information on, you should contact a registered professional for assistance and advice as is necessary to safely and properly complete any implementation. We may be a compensated affiliate for some of the services and products we introduce you to. We only introduce you to services and products that we have researched and believe have value.