About 1.5 million Americans have rheumatoid arthritis. It is estimated that the costs per patient in the United States can range from $1,500 to $22,000 annually. For someone searching for serious relief, all those medications and doctors visits can add up to quite a bit. Which is why many people are turning to more natural, homeopathic remedies that bypass insurance or doctors costs.
About 350 million people worldwide have arthritis. And 40 million of them are right here in the United States. Here are a few natural ways for treating arthritis:
- Epsom salt soak. These aren’t just for sore athletes. You can either pour Epsom salt in a nice warm bath for a full body soak, or grab an oversized bowl and put the warm water and Epsom salt in it. Then insert the affected location, i.e. hands or feet.
- Turmeric and ginger tea. Boil two cups of water. Add ½ teaspoon of ground ginger and ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Then, strain.
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). It’s no longer just for cooking. Rub the olive oil over sore joints two to three times a day.
Slipped disks can often create compression of a spinal nerve root in the lower back. This leads to pain affecting the back, hip and outer side of the leg. Many people take some form of painkiller to alleviate what is called sciatica. Here are a few natural alternatives for treating the condition:
- Get Moving. When you’re home, don’t spend long periods of time sitting down. Targeted exercises can loosen up inflamed areas.
- Heating pads. Apply a heating pad to your back 15 to 20 minutes a day. This will dull the pain.
- Ice packs. Cold pressure can do the trick, too. Apply an ice pack to your back for 10 to 15 minutes every day.
Final Word of Caution
While these remedies have proven to be helpful, please contact your physician if your condition continues or you believe it to be serious.