There’s nothing worse than the helpless feeling we get when we see our country going in the wrong direction and feel like there’s nothing we can so about it. The Obama Administration can call the scandals “fake” if it wants to, but we know that these scandals are very real:
- The NSA is recording our phone calls and reading our emails.
- The IRS is targeting conservative groups for extra scrutiny regarding tax exempt status applications.
- The EPA is charging conservative groups fees for Freedom of Information Act requests while giving a free pass to liberal groups.
- Surveillance drones are spying on us without probable cause.
- Second Amendment rights are being trampled upon.
- The Department of Justice is looking at the media’s phone records.
The list goes on and on. But you know what? There is something we can do about these things. We can try to elect lawmakers who respect the Constitution and who agree with the Founding Fathers regarding the way this country should run. And when current legislators go against the Constitution, we can try to get them tossed out of office.
Here’s an example. Colorado is one of many states where lawmakers – trying to make names for themselves – have tried to pass legislation that will limit our ability to own guns and ammunition. But law-abiding citizens of Colorado decided they weren’t going to just sit back and watch it happen. Instead, they worked hard at getting those folks removed from office.
I can’t tell you how glad I was to see this headline the other day: “Coloradoans Kick Out Anti-Gun Senators with Successful Recall Vote.”
That’s it, my friends. That’s what we can and must do to preserve the freedoms that have been guaranteed to us by our Constitution. Even the liberal New York Times had this to say about the successful Colorado recall vote:
“(The recall has given) moderate lawmakers across the country a warning about the political risks of voting for tougher gun laws.”
Do stories such as this one give you some hope? Do they make you feel that all is not lost in a country gone crazy? I hope they do, but it takes everyone doing their part to make this happen. We need to get bad lawmakers out of office and get good lawmakers into office. Please join with me in watching for those types of opportunities.