Back in 1915, Dr. G.L. Rohdenburg published an article on the benefits of colloidal silver in treating tumors. Now, colloidal silver is used by some as a dietary supplement, decongestant and a treatment for all kinds of ailments and illnesses.
Colloidal silver products are made of tiny silver particles suspended in a liquid — the same type of precious metal used in jewelry, dental fillings, silverware and other consumer goods. This is marketed as dietary supplements that are taken by mouth but Colloidal silver products also come in forms to be injected or applied to the skin.
Here are some of the things that colloidal silver is used for:
- Infections due to yeast.
- Bacteria, such as tuberculosis, lyme disease, bubonic plague, pneumonia, leprosy, gonorrhea, syphilis, scarlet fever, stomach ulcers and cholera.
- Parasites, including ringworm and malaria.
- Viruses, pneumonia, herpes, shingles and warts.
- Lung conditions, including emphysema and bronchitis.
- Skin conditions, such as rosacea, cradle cap (atopic dermatitis), eczema, impetigo and psoriasis.
- Inflammation of the bladder (cystitis), prostate (prostatitis), colon (colitis), nose (rhinitis), stomach (gastritis), tonsils (tonsillitis), appendix (appendicitis), and sinuses (sinusitis).
- Treatment of arthritis, lupus, chronic fatigue syndrome, hay fever and other allergies, trench foot and gum disease.
- Prevention of flu, H1N1 (swine) flu and the common cold.
- It also has a very powerful potential when used to kill disease, viruses and other harmful bacteria. Specifically, many people claim that when they take colloidal silver, it helps to improve their immune system’s ability to fight against colds and flu viruses.
It is purported to be easily digestible and therefore easily absorbed into the internal organs that need it most. This ease of absorption helps the benefits of colloidal silver work fast. Now, keep in mind that manufacturers of colloidal silver often claim that they are cure-alls, boosting your immune system, fighting bacteria and viruses, etc…
However, no sound scientific studies to evaluate these health claims have been published in reputable medical journals. Most of these claims are from your everyday users who have found their own personal benefits.
Here are 6 reported ways to use colloidal silver:
- Spray it onto burns to prevent infections and promote faster healing without
- Spray or dab it onto ringworm, boils, herpes sores, and warts for faster healing.
- Put some colloidal silver in a nebulizer and breathe it into your bronchial area and lungs directly if you have bronchial problems or walking pneumonia.
- Use drops for ear infections without any harmful side effects. Some use it for eye and nasal infections as well.
- Take it early with the onset of a cold, flu or bronchitis to get over it quickly without harming beneficial bacteria. Antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria.
In conclusion, taking colloidal silver in small doses as a supplement probably isn’t going to hurt you and might benefit you. Taking it in larger doses over a longer period of time is probably not a good idea. Of course, ingesting antibiotics over a long period of time probably isn’t going to help you, either.
Have you ever used colloidal silver products? If so, what have you used them for? Have you found them to be effective at treating illnesses and ailments? Have you experienced any of the reported negative side effects?