As you are probably very much aware, 4Patriots makes regular donations to a variety of charitable causes involving current and former U.S. military personnel, as well as their families.
We also periodically step in to support organizations that provide relief following extreme weather events and other emergency situations.
I say this not to pat ourselves on the back. Rather, it’s a reminder that without your purchases of our products, none of this could happen. It’s your support of our company that allows us to help people in need.
Here’s the Latest
Just wanted to let you know about our most recent donation. We’ve sent a three-month survival food kit and a 90-day supply of Patriot Power Greens to Warriors on the Water.
This organization creates family-bonding opportunities for families with members who recently returned from serving overseas in the U.S. military.
Warriors on the Water personnel take these families on camping and fishing trips for long weekends. That way they can spend leisure time together and bond with other families in similar circumstances.
The families are provided with supplies they need for camping and fishing, for the purpose of creating opportunities for bonding and building relationships.
“Smaller organizations like Warriors on the Water get less attention than big non-profits, and as a result, they receive fewer donations,” said Meredith Zingle, 4Patriots Marketing Manager.
“But they do great work for our vets and deserve our support just as much. That’s why we chose to recognize and help them. We want them to be able to continue to provide special bonding experiences for military families.
“Warriors on the Water not only allows families to become closer, but also provides a unique situation where they can meet and build relationships with other families who might be experiencing similar challenges.”
His Way of Giving Back
Douglas Prasko of Arizona launched Warriors on the Water approximately one year ago. More than 25 families have already benefited from it.
“We take four families at a time to a remote location and set up camp,” Prasko said.
“It runs from Friday afternoon to Sunday, and while one family is out on Lake Havasu or Lake Martinez or the Parker Strip, the other three families engage in other activities on the shore.
“We go through the local VFW posts and the quartermasters find the families for us. Then we let those families know that if this is something they are interested in, they can get in touch with us.”
Prasko grew up on a Kansas dairy farm. He said he would have been a fourth-generation U.S. Navy enlistee from his family, but a damaged knee from high school football kept him out.
“This is my way of giving back and serving since I wasn’t able to physically serve when I was younger,” he said. “My goal is to build a network of families and have them continue to communicate with each other long after the weekend is over and enjoy long-lasting relationships.”
4Patriots salutes Warriors on the Water, commending Mr. Prasko for his initiative that supports our military members and their families.
Among the other organizations that benefit from 4Patriots donations are:
- Fisher House Foundation, which operates homes across the country where families of active duty soldiers and veterans alike can stay at no cost while their loved one is receiving medical treatment.
- Operation Homefront, which aids military families during difficult financial times by providing food, auto and home repair, vision care, travel and transportation, moving assistance, essential home items, and financial help.
- A Soldier’s Child Foundation, which provides meaningful birthday gifts to the children of fallen U.S. military members and offers mentorship programs and college scholarships.
- RIP Medical Debt, which aims to abolish medical debt. The 4Patriots donation is earmarked for active U.S. military personnel and veterans.
- For the Troops, an organization that puts together “We Care” packages for active U.S. military service men and women.